Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Travel Nursing

"You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you will find will be wonderful... What you'll discover will be yourself!"  Alan Alda




     A career goal of mine was to try Travel Nursing. Could I do it? Did I know enough to " hit the floor running" as they expect you to do in this unique specialty? When the opportunity was right, I challenged myself to drive across the country to California, accepting a travel position at the prestigious Cedar Sinai Surgery Center in West Hollywood. The contract was for 20 weeks. I loved the experience so much I stayed for 8 months. I met amazing fellow nurses,staff and patients. As a Travel Nurse, you need the armor of experience, resilience, and confidence. I knew I had the experience but learned the resilience as part of the process. The confidence was the gift I gained from taking the risk. I came away a better woman and especially a better nurse.

No comments:

Post a Comment