Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 14, 2011

Nurses really hate this!

I love technology. I use my fair share to make life easier and enjoyable. I can text, surf, stumble, upload, download, photo edit, stream etc. My children are amazing teachers and have the patience of a Jedi working with their old Padawan. They want me to be engaged in the world we live in. They feel it is important, and so do I. However  technology can be a double edged sword such as  when using it while driving and walking. One not so obvious, is when Nurses and Doctors really have some important things to VERBALLY tell you. Too many times to count, I have seen people barely look up when the Doctor tries to update a family member about their loved one's status after surgery.  I have forcibly pulled ear plugs out of peoples ears and shut laptops on fingers just to get their attention!  The startled dumbfounded look people give you is priceless. I think spouses are the worst. They act like they are listening to the Doctor and nod at your discharge instructions, as they type away on Facebook. However, they want it all repeated as soon as it is time to leave. They even want the Doctor to stop what he is doing (surgery) and come back to tell them everything again. I am not making this up! I get a little blunt (Yes, it's true) at that point and remind them of why they came along with their loved one. I also say: " I hope it all works out and have a great day!"


2 comments: