Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Where Artists Go


This is a copy of a photo that Kate did for the opening of the IWU gallery. It was the first piece the gallery sold.  She has a name for it, which I can't recall.  I think it should be labeled "Leap of Faith".  It also reflects the place where artists live... in between. It is a place of neither here nor there, then or now. It is a peaceful place of "1/2 way" where the mind can relax, to listen and create, to let what needs to, come out. When my children were little, and I was the last to come upstairs to bed, I would love to sit on the stairs, just 1/2 way up.... thinking of the day. It was a place of nowhere.... a place of the moment. Our cat would sit with me, waiting.... in the "in between'".

1 comment:

  1. The girl in this shot was REALLY standing there on cinder blocks on the stairs, They were edited out for the final look. The sky was that ominous.

    ReplyDelete